Water Services

Per Department Policy, water service leads are the homeowner’s responsibility from the stop box in towards the house.

Suspected water main breaks should be reported to 219-853-6428.  Services available 24 hours a day.

Helpful Hint:

If one experiences a high water bill, first place to look is a leaking toilet. Put a small amount of food coloring in the water tank. If the water changes color after a short while, some or all of the components of the water tank needs to be replaced.

Refuse & Sanitary Services

We also bill for sanitary and refuse charges.

For additional information on refuse, contact Hammond Public Works at 219-853-6433.

For additional information on sanitary, contact Sanitary District at 219-853-6413.